Saturday, November 14

Sedarllah diri Syamin!!!

i always look down on students(those who studies overseas) who miss home(malaysia) so much!! I never understand why they are homesick, missing malaysia delicacies, and other stuff. And i was thinking, 'Hujan emas di negeri orang, hujan batu di negeri sendiri, cm lebih baik di negara orang je..' or as the saying goes, 'the grass is always greener on the other side'. I mean, except from the absence of family, it is way nicer and happier to live here compared to Malaysia.

I visited at a friend's hostel in castle leazes just now. It was then it dawned upon me that I am wrong. Very wrong indeed. I failed to look on the situation from different side of view. I failed to understand what they felt (empathy). I failed to consider their situation. I failed to fullfill these criteria, which is the criteria of a good doctor.

Just then, it struck me that I was bragging over the rezeki that I have. They don't have the large and comfy flat the way I have it. They don't have the opportunity to cook the way I do. They don't have the peacefullness the way I do. They don't have the comfortable zone, being surrounded with familiar faces the way I do. I realized that I am not being grateful towards the 'nikmat' that Allah SWT gave me. Instead, I was bragging over it by looking down on them. I was 'takabur with all the things or 'kemudahan' that i've got.

And I was grateful to Allah SWT for the opportunity for me to 'menyedarkan diri'. Syukur Alhamdulillah. And also to all the things that make my life much more easier. Thank you Allah..

2 comments:

ahmad zaid said...

you can try live at castle leazes a week and feel it!

thats why i rent a house outside..thinking of maybe i got that type of accommodation...but then, numed students so lucky got the couple room..

somehow, ade senior cakap, duduk macam tu ade own advantage.

Syamin said...

huhu..xmo duk kt leazes....
yeah..it's always nice to live in our own house..jeles tgok rumah n bilik senior yg cntik.huhu
duduk cmtu ade own advantage??yeke??