Wednesday, October 28

Defining Moment...

"any extra handout please!!!"



somebody at the back shouted. yeah..it was a lecture in RB Green Lecture Hall and surprisingly, the handouts werent enough for all the sudents including Khausar and I. most of the students were in their seatsalready. frustrated, those who didnt get the handout went to find their seats, including me. i sat next to qiehah, hoping that somehow handouts will appear magically out of nowhere. as if Allah granting my wish, a chinese girl headed to the front and put two extra handouts on the table. before somebody else took it, i quickly get up and grab the handouts. There were only two handouts, meant for me and khausar.



Out of sudden, before I could walk back to my seats, there was like a roar at the right side of the hall. it was from the two rows behind my seat.

"please, give the handouts to us"

"we need those handouts "

then i spotted Dan in the same row yelling, "Min...Min...", with the 'min give those handout to us, dont give it to others...' expression..yeah..it was kinda naughty expression..huhu

and i was like blinking for a second, a bit hesitated. eventually, i passed the handout to one of them. it was then i realized everybody was looking at me. i quickly sat at the seat, change my mind few seconds later and move up to sit beside khausar to share the handout.

again, before i could stand up, in the middle of the noises, i heard a girl say,

"oh..that's so sweet..."

and one of the girl behind me gave me back my handout. startled, i said it was ok..i can share with khausar. still the whole row of the girls insist me to take the it.

"take it. it's yours if u havent got one."

not wanting to make things more complicated, i took it and sat. the lectures starts few minutes later.

seriously, the incident affected me a lot..i couldn't concentrate on the lecturer throughout the whole 1 hour lecture...kept thinking about what had happened. these are few things that keeps my mind away from the lecturer..huhu..
  1. those were Dan's friends...the huha2 type..the naughty kind of guys who loves party.. i was thinking what was their reaction...and i wonder whether Dan is going to tell them about me, his partner...
  2. "oh..that's so sweet..." this affected me a lot...it seems like they were kinda impressed seeing someone gave their own handout to others...as if things like that had never ever happened before..
  3. i felt a bit happy and relieved to have potrayed a good image of malaysian, NUMed student and the most importantly, as a muslim...it feels good to get a positive impressions form other people...coz i thought the full course student kinda have negative impression on the NUMed student...and i hate it!!
somehow my day has brighten up and that day is totally a defining moment for me..=)

6 comments:

ahmad zaid said...

i will keep an extra handout if i know you will be late for the lecture....

if only i came earlier than you..

and i think, it will not happen!

syamin said...

haha..i think it will..who knows??...i'm always late these days..

khausar said...

you know (geordie way) eventhough i wasnt really involved in the situation, i cudnt concentrate on the lecture as well !!!???

Syamin said...

huhu..somehow we need to get our head back to the lecture!!otherwise we might fail!!

Unknown said...

aik min... since when uve become such a goody2?? heheh.. u should hav just kick their asses out n stuck ur tongue to them...

Syamin said...

im not super evil like u zazu!!